Monday, November 11, 2013

Savin' Maven Monday: No Fire S'mores

Happy Monday my loves!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and is off to a great start today. My weekend was pretty productive; I was finally able to sit down with my family and get invitations made out for my upcoming baby shower-that literally took all night and I'm still not even finished yet.

Before I get into my post, I would like to give a special 'Thank You' to all of those who have served or are currently serving our country-your fight for our continued freedom is very much appreciated.

I had recently taken a huge break from blogging in order to focus on preparing for my lil man but blogging just wouldn't escape from my mind. Though my posts probably won't be as regular as they used to be, I still wanted to make sure that I dropped in every now and again if for no other reason than to keep my writing skills fresh.

So today, I'm bringing you a quick and easy recipe that I've been craving lately.

No Fire S'mores!!!

Now, I looovvveee s'mores, however, I don't have a fireplace nor am I much of a camper so I had to find the easiest way to create this delightful snack without the use of the aforementioned things. So here's what an economically resourceful gal uses to make s'mores at home.

(All of these things were purchased while couponing, by the way!!)


As you may have noticed from previous recipes, I don't do measurements. I just use the ingredients as my heart desires. Here, I poured into a small cereal bowl a decent amount of marshmallows, approximately a tablespoon (or larger) scoop of butter, and milk chocolate morsels. You would obviously use more or less of the ingredients depending on the serving size you desire.


Place bowl and ingredients in the microwave for about 40 seconds-stopping every 20 seconds to mix and stir.


The consistency of your mixture should look like this when fully nuked...


Add your desired amount of Golden Grahams and stir, making sure to evenly coat all of the cereal.


You can eat these warm or you can place them in the fridge and indulge later. 

Whatever you do though, don't leave them sitting on the counter!!!!

What do you think?

Are you all going to try this recipe in the near or distant future?

I can't wait to hear from you!!

OHHHH....one thing before I go. 

Don't forget to enter my $25 Target gift card giveaway going on right now until the end of the week. It's super easy to enter-just visit this post!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. So you mean to tell me I can still get the flavor of s'mores without sitting outside by a campfire? I wish I would have had this recipe when I was preggo lol. Me and the kiddies might have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am!! They taste exactly like-if not better than-the 'campfire' s'mores!!! They are sooooo goood and they satisfy my sweet tooth craving!!

      Delete

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...