Monday, October 22, 2012

Savin' Maven Monday: 2 Ways to Wear Pink Trousers

Happy Monday my loves.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. 

Mine was full of rest, relaxation, and time spent with my honey and family. We spent Friday night at an Erykah Badu concert (outfits pics will be posted soon) and on Saturday I visited my mom to get a giant bowl of her homemade gumbo. Yum!

Lately, I've been getting rid of alot of things in my closet. It's been extremely hard for me to part with some of the items but I've found that to be the only effective way for me to make room for the new stuff that I've acquired. 

Things that I haven't worn in the last year-gone!
Things that don't excite me when I put them on-gone!
Things that don't flatter my figure-gone!

However, things that I'm able to remix over and over, like these pink trousers, are a definite keeper.

Though they're bright and summery, I've enjoyed styling them for cool, not cold, temperatures.

Since it's usually cooler in the early morning and late night hours during these seasons, I chose to use layers.

This would allow me to peel off a layer should I get to warm in the middle of the day.

Trousers/Chambray-NY&Co
Trousers/Button Up-NY&Co
I initially styled them in the Spring with a white blazer and chambray. 

Then, I styled them recently with a lace panel button-up layered under a V-neck sweater. 

Blazer-Thrifted
Sweater-Shoe City 
The pants were also perfect for these seasons as they are neither short nor full length. They add depth to the 'fit by allowing the full shoe to be displayed. 

Heels-Steve Madden
Heels-Target
I love pieces that are able to be remixed. 

Not only do they save me money but they also allow me to get the most use out of my closet.

What items in your closet do you get the most use out of?

I can't wait to hear from you!

Thank You for reading!
XOXOXOXO

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your concert look!

    You can ROCK the skinnies and heels! HOT!! Colorful skinnies are my go-to remix item right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pants, I had a pair and sold it... totally regretting it now...the looks with the striped sweater is so me.xx
    NANCIEMWAI.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both looks! I especially love the denim/cardigan combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pants are very versatile! I love the first outfit!

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...