Monday, May 21, 2012

Savin' Maven Monday: Make Every Accessory Count...

Happy Monday lovelies....

I hope each of you had a great weekend. Mine wasn't too bad at all; I spent some time with my friends, began my summer classes, and best of all I went shopping-this time for accessories.

I think that great accessories can take an outfit over the top if you style them correctly. Here are three things that I like to keep in mind when I'm shopping for accessories.

TIP #1-Go bold. Bold colored accessories accentuate classic and neutral outfits. Since I can't be overly bold when dressing for work and church, I incorporate bold colored accessories to give my 'fits a burst of energy.

TIP # 2-The more color, the better. I always like to choose accessories that include a variety of colors so that they can easily be paired and remixed with several different outfits.

TIP #3-Spend wisely. Lots of times I have purchased accessories from places such as Forever 21 and H&M only to have them break or tarnish. From that I have learned to spend less on accessories by either shopping the clearance racks and/or second hand stores. For those items that I just have to have, like this 80's chain necklace and spiked bracelet, I don't mind spending the money.

Here's what I snagged over the weekend:

I love this multi-colored statement necklace. Although the colors are bold, they still fall into the neutral category and can be paired with an endless amount of 'fits.

Plato's-$5
This jewel-toned cuff bracelet is also one of my faves because the variety of colors allow it to go with just about anything.

Plato's-$5
I picked these earrings because I loved the shape and print of them. They are also very lightweight.

Plato's-$3
There was no method to justify why I picked these fringed beauties. I guess the main reason was because they were only $2 and I don't own any purple accessories.

BareFeet-$2
There you have it...my accessory filled weekend-all for less that $20! I can't wait to style these goodies.

What are some tips that you keep in mind when shopping for accessories?
Do share...

XOXOXOXO

11 comments:

  1. You are SUPER lucky for finding this necklace! It is soooooooooo BADD! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost fell out when I saw it! And for such a great price!

      Delete
  2. omgosh! super cute jewelry!!! that necklace is def my fav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to wear that necklace like every single day!

      Delete
  3. You scored all of those for less than $20! Nicely done girl! And loving the different colors of that necklace...
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I'm all about maximizing my purchases!

      Delete
  4. Wow I can't believe the accessories you found and for such a smoking deal! They're all amazing, so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $16 to be exact! I love finding and sharing great deals!

      Delete
  5. Hey there! You won my giveaway for CampusBookRentals! Please e-mail me with your contact information so that I can get you your giftcard! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...