Wednesday, December 28, 2011

WOTS: Monochromatic Flair...

Morning lovelies. 

Are you tired of Christmas food and candy canes yet?

I think I will be officially fed up with it in exactly one more day. LOL.
(I do love the sales though; as a matter of fact, I've been out every day since Christmas trying to get some good deals while purchasing next year's Christmas gifts!)

On another note, I've always shied away from the monochromatic color palate because I love bold pops of color but this Christmas I was feeling a bit mellow and decided to try some grey on grey on grey.  I was actually surprised that my greys matched so perfectly.


Since I absolutely couldn't stand to stay away from some type of color, I added this patterned pussybow blouse underneath all the grey.



I even tried to do something a little festive with my nails.


I had the hardest time trying to figure out what type of shoes to pair with this 'fit-red or black? Theenn, I remembered these grey boots that I purchased on clearance last year and I put them on immediately. They are quite a differing shade of grey but THEY.WORK!




I wish you could see the cute little flower/bow that they have on the side of them.

Blouse-Thrifted/Tank-NY&Co/Skinnies-Platos  Closet/Boots-Rainbow


Coat,Scarf,Belt-NY&Co
Before I go, here's my WordOnTheStreet for the week:

*Walgreens is offering 25 FREE photo prints when you use the code PRINTNOW on their website. This is great for printing your Christmas photos. The code expires on 12/31. PS: If you choose in-store pickup, your total should be $0.00.


How do you feel about monochrome outfits? What other colors make for a great monochrome 'fit?


Linked to:

6 comments:

  1. Thank You Sir!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a first for me and I loved it. I definitely want to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the grey on grey.  This fit came together nicely.  My coworker wears a grey on grey outfit that I adore and I keep saying I am going to put together something grey on grey.  Looking good!

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look.  and the boots are cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...