Saturday, July 30, 2011

Awkward and Awesome: It's Not All In Vain

AWKWARD

-The fact that it's still in the 90-something degrees outside at 11PM. WTH!?

-Having an 8AM class on Saturday mornings. Why me!? I just want to sleep. Who in their right mind would do some foolishness like this!?

-Not being in DC this weekend. My girls are gone. My boo is gone. And I know that they are having loads of fun. Ughhh, I'm jealous.

-Seeing people that I know in the thrift store. That bothers me because they try to hold conversations and stuff when I really don't feel like it. I just want to get to the next aisle. Please and Thank You!

AWESOME

-Being featured on DistinctStyleInnovation for this week's Wear*It Wednesday segment. Check out how we rock our wedges and also read about how you can be featured in upcoming posts.

-Being kissed on the forehead by my favorite guy. That makes me feel sooo giddy inside!

-A preview of my DIY manicure. Get your pretty manicures ready ladies because in 2 weeks, on August 12, I will be hosting FBFF- a collaborative forum initially started by Katy from ModlyChic. On that very day, I would love for each and every one of  you to link up and share your DIY manicures with me. Pretty please! I've seen some pretty creative ideas floating around the 'net thus far so I wanna see what 'cha got!


DIY Manicure

-Patiently awaiting LaurieAnn Gibson's 'Born To Dance' sitcom that premieres on BET next Tuesday. I love reality dance shows-not as much as I love Project Runway though.

-Being featured on this week's  Links a la Mode roundup on the IndependentFashionBloggers site. To some this may be minuscule but it's a huge accomplishment for me. It keeps me grounded and inspires me to press on. I love to write and this just lets me know that my efforts are not in vain.


Whether we realize it or not, we are all influenced by something, whether it be celebrities, trends or designs of the past. This week’s links a la mode celebrates influencers and the voices we create from our inspiration. As fashion bloggers, we have each other to look for when we are feeling uninspired and this community is something we should never take for granted!

Links à la Mode: July 28st

SPONSOR:

PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine

Share some of your Awkward and Awesome moments with me. Come onnnnn!
I know you have some!

Post Title from: Is My Living In Vain by Xscape



10 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks..forehead kisses make me feel like a kid again!

    Rockwell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your features lady! That's definitely awesome. So nice to find your cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting. Hope to hear from you again sometime soon;-)

    Rockwell

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee, laughing about the thrift store comment.  i totally understand.  it's like all business when i'm shopping, especially the thrift store where i have a strong desire to flip through everything!  you have to just smile and just keep flipping while you're talking :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, i guess you're right!

    Rockwell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! Congrats on the feature :)! That's great!!

    Also, looking forward to seeing some creative manicure ideas!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on making the links.  I don't do manicures so I won't be participating in the next FBFF, but have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for the manicure party either-hoping to see you there!

    Rockwell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even if you've never done it before, here's your chance to try something new!
    Rockwell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your features!  I love when my guy kisses my forehead too, its so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...