Monday, March 14, 2011

Let's Go On a Living Spree...They Say the Best Things in Life Are Free

As you know....

I like free.

True indeed that most things in life aren't free but great savings are! They come in the form of coupons, promotions, codes, and maybe even being subscribed to some type of rewards programs at your favorite stores. This requires a somewhat tedious amount of time but hey if it saves me a few bucks I'm all for it. My BF used to look at me like I was crazy when we went out for dinner and with bill in hand I said, "Oh wait babe, use this coupon".

I bet he thought I was cheap!
Nope, just super frugally thrifty!!

Needless to say, once he found out how much money I saved us, he no longer gives me those 'looks'.

In an effort to save more money this year, I have taken on a hobby that I thought was only reserved for the elderly-clipping coupons. It's not an easy task by far-there is a certain amount of patience and skill you have to possess to be successful with this. In other words, it's an art. But it amazing how much you can save! Manufacturers practically give their products away because they are constantly trying to get rid of old stuff to make room for new products that need to be tested.

When I initially began my blog, I was only going to highlight my thrifty fashions, however, as I thought about it I figured that there was soooo much more to talk about. The whole theme of my blog title is 'being thrifty and frugal' and that entails much more than fashion. So, since I have yet to come up with a theme for Mondays, I'm gonna embark on this:

Savin' Maven Monday

where I will share with you my purchases over the week and let you know how much I have saved.  This is going to be combined with Mailbox Monday where I share all of the cool things that came in my mailbox over the week-most of which were free.


Savin' Maven Monday #1
This week I got:
-2 Dove Men's Deoderants
-2 Degree Women's Deoderants
-1 pair of tights
-1 pair of argyle knee high trouser socks
-4 pair of knee highs
-4 boxes of Fruit Roll Ups
-2 boxes of granola bars
-1 tube of Colgate Total toothpaste
-2 tubes of Aveeno lotion
-1 bar of Aveeno soap
-2 pair of gloves
-1 pack of Shout wipes
-1 pack of dental floss
-1 pack of Orbit gum
-2 eyeshadows (Covergirl/Rimmel)
-1 box of Thermacare
-2 pairs of Mossimo jeans
-1 Merona dress shirt

for a grand total of  $51.44
my out of pocket costs were $12.94
for a total savings of $38.50

If that ain't frugal, I don't know what is!!!
I want to hear from you...
Feel free to share your thoughts, comments, questions, and even your savings!!

Stay tuned for the first installment of the Color Rotation Challenge.



It's a challenge created by Colleen over at Scrap and Run to get us out of the habit of wearing the same colors all the time. The colors pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and any pattern will be rotated 1-3 times. You may read more about it and sign up here.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You are on fire with finding the bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hunny, love your blog...u need to share more tips on how u save all that money and where u get your coupons from...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do sweets. I will keep that in mind for my next 'Savin Maven Monday' installment. Stay tuned to see how much I saved this week!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good bargain sale. I always say, "if I don't know how to do anything else, I knows how to shop, honey"!!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to start. My camera is broken so as soon as it's fixed, I will be posting my fits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! I am all about saving money.

    I am following you, won't you follow me :) @ www.letsstartsavingnow.com. You can always find great blogs on these blog hops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by. I'm a follower now;-D

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...